I wipe the blood dripping down my face away with the back of my hand. Damn Cid. Why the hell didn't he watch where he was flying? When I get back to the Highwind, I'm going to take a goddamn good and hard look at those cigs he's smoking.

Now I'm starring at this big ugly mother alone and hurt. Cid and Tifa got thrown god knows where.

This is not good, but there's no way in hell I'm going down with out putting a serious hurt on this thing. I run a quick check of my gear and my heart sinks to around my ankles. Final Attack: Good, Phoenix: Good, Linked to Final Attack: Very good, I might survive after all, Revive Materia: Useless without anyone else to revive, Chocobo: Why am I still equipped with that piece of s**t?, Alexander: could be handy, HP Plus: will be handy, Ice: Ha...WHADYA MEAN THAT'S IT!!!

It occurs to me that before Cid decided to give this Ruby colored weapon a Highwind edema I gave Cid the Knights of the Round (maybe the power made him a little crazy) along with my W-Summon and Mimic.

I am in a very very bad situation.

I reach over to my gun and touch the stone along it's barrel. Focusing like Cloud showed me, I coax out the spirit inside the materia out into the rumble. He slowly floats out, looking like five little fireflies eventually forming into a gigantic robot. He blasts the Ruby thing with some kind of laser beam and disappears.

Ruby is not impressed as he reaches out and kills me.

I hate dying. I suppose that it would be a lot worse if I didn't have Phoenix and Final Attack to back me up, but I hate it. It hurts. It hurts a lot. When I'm hurt, I get angry, when I get angry, I blast. And I keep blasting, over and over and over and over again.

Ruby just stands there, taking it. I don't know if it's just surprised I'm still here (it really doesn't have a face, so I can't tell). I don't' even care, I keep blasting and it keeps standing. It takes almost a hundred shots, with it not even flinching, before it finally goes down.

A few seconds after it falls, I'm on my knees screaming with pain. I think I broke my arm with the recoil and my entire body feels like it was boiled alive.

Off in the distance, I can just barely see Tifa and Cid picking their way through the desert to me. Just before they reach me, I black out.